Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Martin_Escobar
Frequent Visitor

Paginated Report Visual Error: "Sorry, we couldn't find that report"

Hi Community, 

I have a power Bi report that has a Paginated Report Visual in a Premium Workspace. The paginated report source is using the information from the PBI Dataset. For me this is working ok, but I have some test users that are not being able to run the paginated report visual. The error message displayed is: "Sorry, we couldn´t find that report"

My test users have viewer access to the workspace where the report and the paginated reports are located. Also I already checked they have access directly to the Paginated Report. The only difference is that the visual inside the PBI is not being able to find the Paginated Report.

Martin_Escobar_0-1651679878648.png

thanks in advance for comments on how can I adress this issue.

11 REPLIES 11
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Martin_Escobar ,

This is the related document, you can view this content:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Sorry-we-couldn-t-find-that-dashboard/td-p/8031/page/2

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Sorry-we-couldn-t-find-that-report/td-p/941137/page/2

https://www.fourmoo.com/2017/01/17/power-bi-error-sorry-we-couldnt-find-that-report-when-opening-a-l...

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yangliu-msft 

Thanks for the reply. I see there are several postings with the same issue with different user cases. None of the abvove has a solution (mobile apps, etc). 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Martin_Escobar 

Just to confirm that those users have the right permissions to the underlying dataset?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi, yes they all have access to the DataSet.

They can run the paginated report directly, but it is not working (for some users, not all) from the Paginated Report Visual. 

Hi,

I am also facing same issue with Paginated Visual in power bi, user not able to view data in paginated report but can see data in all other visuals
Did you got any solution/work around?

I've also started having the same issue with embedded paginated reports not loading for some of our end users, but it loads for me fine (and loads for them when directly accessing the paginated report). I'm almost positive this worked before, so wondering if a PBI change occurred that is now affecting it.

bealickpulte_0-1673543476359.png

Me too facing the exact same issue with the paginated visual where users are getting the  "Sorry, we couldn't find the report" message. But the same report used in the paginated visual works fine on its own as it is for users as published paginated report.

I've been able to work with MS support on this issue. In our case, we have all of our reports in a workspace (premium), then a workspace app that sits on top of it. Our end users consume the reports through the app, since they don't need a PBI Pro license for that. They do not have direct access to the reports within the workspace.

For the embedded paginated report within the visual though, when you select the report to embed, it's pointing to the report within the workspace, not within the app. In our case, the end users have access to view the paginated report in the app, but not in the workspace. There's currently no way to reference the report from the app when setting up the visual. The workaround is to give view access to the paginated report directly in the workspace, then end users should be able to view the embedded report within the app.

Thanks @bealickpulte  for the reply. Will try out the workaround suggested by granting view access to the paginated report within the workspace.
We too have similar approach, we published apps on premium workspaces in order to share reports with free users.

Did this work for you? Were the free users able to view paginated reports surfaced through the paginated visual?

@daxmanit worked. So the trick is to add the users in the "manage permissions" selection under the paginated report itself.

mz_1122_0-1676511542543.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors