Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Paginated Report Upload Error - ReportWithDisplayNameForTheModelExists

Hi - I have a Paginated report which I created in Visual Studio as I prefer the design experience in that environment.

It's inline with all of the documented limitations i.e. no shared datasets, links, drill-throughs etc.

I've been using the File Upload process in the Service to load up to the workspace, and this has worked fine previously.

Now I am getting the following error:

ReportWithDisplayNameForTheModelExists

JDawsonAVA_0-1646238744037.png

Can anyone advise if there is a change on the service, or what might have changed to prevent upload?

Many thanks

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - @MLorenzen 

After posting this, I found a similar workaround myself. For me, deleting the original didn't help, but I found if I made a copy of the report - added a classic "v2" to the name, I was able upload just fine.

So it seems to be a bug in the service rather than the result of any particular feature within the report.

At least there are a couple of work-arounds here now for others that may run into the same thing.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
shiboli
Employee
Employee

Hello, thanks for reporting this, we are investigating the root cause of the issue. Are you hitting this when using PBI Web portal in a fresh opened browser? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @shiboli - yes, I was using Edge in fresh browser page.

Thanks for confirming, the bug is fixed. Will be available in prod in next couple of weeks. Before fix is deployed, re-upload again in same browser session should successfully trigger the replace workflow. 

I am seeing this same error today. What is the fix here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - @MLorenzen 

After posting this, I found a similar workaround myself. For me, deleting the original didn't help, but I found if I made a copy of the report - added a classic "v2" to the name, I was able upload just fine.

So it seems to be a bug in the service rather than the result of any particular feature within the report.

At least there are a couple of work-arounds here now for others that may run into the same thing.

MLorenzen
Frequent Visitor

I've also been running into this problem. This process was working fine up until a week or two ago...

It's not ideal, of course, but I've been able to get around this by deleting the previous version of the report completely and uploading the new one in its place afterward. That will avoid the "already exists" error, but again this is definitely something that should be looked into since it was working fine before...

I don't know if I would mark this as a solution, by the way, since it's more of a hack to avoid the problem than actually a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors