Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

B0bbyG
Frequent Visitor

Paginated Report Subscription Reason Message

Hi!  I am trying to migrate our existing SSRS reports into PBI...

The Subscription email we get always contains:

"You’re receiving this email because XXXXXX.com subscribed you to the 'Report' report. The report was generated at UTC..."

Is there a way to not have that sent?

As of now I am thinking I will have to use the rest apis to export it, poll it, download it, and then email it...of course this will have to be in a runbook saving it to the $env:temp...

Really seems like a long winded workaround to just send a subscription without a standard message being attached from Microsoft...

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
B0bbyG
Frequent Visitor

Thank you DataSlayer...I can use Power Automate as well...that is the way I think I am heading since other users will be setting the subscriptions...

Thank you!

MAwwad
Super User
Super User

It is possible to remove the standard message that is included in the subscription email for paginated reports in Power BI. One way to do this is to use the Power BI REST APIs to export the report, poll it, download it, and then email it. This would involve creating a runbook that saves the report to the $env:temp and then sends the email with the report attached.

Another way would be to use a custom email template to send the subscription. Power BI allows you to create a custom email template that you can use for your subscriptions. You can create a template using HTML and CSS, and use it to format the email and remove the standard message.

You can find the steps on how to create custom email templates in the Power BI documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-email-subscriptions#create-a-custo...

Both solutions are workarounds to the standard message, but they will allow you to send the subscription without the standard message being attached.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors