Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

thebigwhite
Helper II
Helper II

Paginated Report / Power BI Premium User

Hello, 

If I get a Power BI Premium per USER can I:

Publish a paginated report on all the workspaces (no premium capacity)?

Can all the Pro License user see the paginated report published?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ohh absolutely! Please dont get confused !

If you have 10 users that have a PPU license , all of them can deploy/edit/access PPU workspace 

where paginated reports are deployed. 

So you begin with creating a worksapce with PPU license and assign it as Premium (the diamon icon with user)

Then you build a paginated in your Report builder tool and deploy it to that workspace.

Then you can share it with all users that hold a PPU license in a Power BI App or on the workspace as required.  Please let me know if you have nay confusion.

AbhiSSRS_0-1617265352604.png

Thanks!
Abhinav 

Please mark as solution if this helps!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
thebigwhite
Helper II
Helper II

Ok I think I got that it's not enough the Premium per User license in order to allow all the Pro User to access to the reports. It's necessary a premium capacity too.

Thanks to all!

AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

So for Paginated you need a PPU License to create a PPU workspace where you can host them. Then all other users with a PPU can access that Paginated report.  You may though subscribe even a Pro user for emails with attachments of PDF exports from a PPU workspace 🙂

mohammedadnant
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @thebigwhite 

If you have PPU then you need PPU for each user to view/share reports & Paginated reports,

If you have Premium capacity then you can assig anyone to view the reports /paginated reports

Thanks & Regards,

Mohammed Adnan

Learn Power Platform for free: https://www.youtube.com/c/taik18

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! !!

Thanks & Regards,
Mohammed Adnan
Learn Power BI: https://www.youtube.com/c/taik18
thebigwhite
Helper II
Helper II

Please a little recap. 

I need to add a Premium Capacity to the relative workspace + a PPU License for every user that needs to see the Paginated Reports. is It correct?

Hi, @thebigwhite 

As far as I’m concerned, Paginated reports are reports created in the Report Builder and uploaded to any workspace in a Premium capacity. You can also upgrade your workspace to Premium when you are a premium per user. But when you share the Paginated Reports, the end-user also has to be a premium per user to view your report.

You can refer to this picture:

v-robertq-msft_0-1617157963875.png

What’s more, as mohammedadnant said, you can add pro users to your premium workspace to view the Paginated Reports if you have a Premium capacity for your tenant.

More info about Power BI Premium Per User FAQ

View a paginated report in the Power BI service

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

pleblanc
Employee
Employee

You can publish paginated reports with Premium Per User (PPU), but any consumers will also need PPU not PRO.

I am little bit confused. I have all the users with PPU license is it possible to have paginated reports without buying a premium capacity?

Most of the answers given to me are: you need a premium capacity on the workspace. But I don't want to buy a premium license. But I want to give all the user with PPU access to paginated reports. 

Ohh absolutely! Please dont get confused !

If you have 10 users that have a PPU license , all of them can deploy/edit/access PPU workspace 

where paginated reports are deployed. 

So you begin with creating a worksapce with PPU license and assign it as Premium (the diamon icon with user)

Then you build a paginated in your Report builder tool and deploy it to that workspace.

Then you can share it with all users that hold a PPU license in a Power BI App or on the workspace as required.  Please let me know if you have nay confusion.

AbhiSSRS_0-1617265352604.png

Thanks!
Abhinav 

Please mark as solution if this helps!

Now it's very clear. 

another question is: 

If I create a workspace as PPU and I want share "normal" PBI report to PRO users. is it possible? 

So once you post any rpeort to a PPU workspace , only PPu holders can visit that. 

You may still create a normal Workspace and host reports there which can be shared with Pro users but not from the PPU workspace. 

Only thing that you can do for now for Pro users from PPU workspace is create Subscription emails for those Pro users and they can get a PDF in email of that report(PBIX/paginated anyone).

They would not be able to access the report in workspace.

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@thebigwhite You can only publish paginated reports to Premium capacity.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors