cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJinCA1969
Regular Visitor

Paginated Report Matrix Doesn't Sort Correctly

Hi. I'm new to paginated reports. My paginated report will not sort correctly. My data source is a PBIX file. I created an interactive sort in Power BI Report Builder on the Total column. I have customer name in the rows (hidden in screenshot), Month of Invoice in the columns and a DAX measure Invoice Amount in the data area. The report is sorted in ascending order. I have yellow highlighted the two rows that are out of order. It looks to me like the rows are sorting based upon the value of the individual amounts in the respective columns of each row. For example, the $9,019 total amount is made up of one invoice of $9,019 (May 21 column), which is greater than any of the individual amounts on the row that totals $11,097 (columns Mar 21, Apr 21, May 21), thus it appears after the $11,097 row. 

Is this the correct behavior of the Matrix visual in Power BI Report Builder or have I not done something correctly?

Thank  you.

AJ

AJinCA1969_0-1624053108895.png

Here is the same report published to the service from Power BI Desktop sorted correctly:

AJinCA1969_1-1624076372959.png

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @AJinCA1969 

You have to manually create this as per the details below

Add Interactive Sort to a Table or Matrix (Report Builder) - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | ...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ. Thank you for your reply. I actually did what I believe you are suggesting before I posted to this forum. I went to TextBox Properties in Report Builder Design mode and created an Interactive Sort. See screenshot below:

AJinCA1969_0-1624340574984.png

When I publish the report the interactive sorting works except for the two rows highlighted in yellow above. That is the issue that I am trying to solve. Still looking for a solution. Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.