Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AJinCA1969
Frequent Visitor

Paginated Report Matrix Doesn't Sort Correctly

Hi. I'm new to paginated reports. My paginated report will not sort correctly. My data source is a PBIX file. I created an interactive sort in Power BI Report Builder on the Total column. I have customer name in the rows (hidden in screenshot), Month of Invoice in the columns and a DAX measure Invoice Amount in the data area. The report is sorted in ascending order. I have yellow highlighted the two rows that are out of order. It looks to me like the rows are sorting based upon the value of the individual amounts in the respective columns of each row. For example, the $9,019 total amount is made up of one invoice of $9,019 (May 21 column), which is greater than any of the individual amounts on the row that totals $11,097 (columns Mar 21, Apr 21, May 21), thus it appears after the $11,097 row. 

Is this the correct behavior of the Matrix visual in Power BI Report Builder or have I not done something correctly?

Thank  you.

AJ

AJinCA1969_0-1624053108895.png

Here is the same report published to the service from Power BI Desktop sorted correctly:

AJinCA1969_1-1624076372959.png

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @AJinCA1969 

You have to manually create this as per the details below

Add Interactive Sort to a Table or Matrix (Report Builder) - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | ...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ. Thank you for your reply. I actually did what I believe you are suggesting before I posted to this forum. I went to TextBox Properties in Report Builder Design mode and created an Interactive Sort. See screenshot below:

AJinCA1969_0-1624340574984.png

When I publish the report the interactive sorting works except for the two rows highlighted in yellow above. That is the issue that I am trying to solve. Still looking for a solution. Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors