Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

abpgupta
Post Patron
Post Patron

Paginated Report: Drill through report option

Hi All

In Report Builder, I see only 3 options for linking reports.  Similar to SSRS, how can we have Go to report option? 

abpgupta_0-1626469905871.png

Since we have multiple workspaces, using URL is hard code way for Dev, Test and Prod workspace and would like to retain the relative link using Go to Report option (similar to IBM Cognos).

Can you please advise if there is any work around available?

Thanks for any inputs!

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abpgupta ,

If you want to use a Paginated report as a drillthrough report, please refer to this thread:

Paginated Report as a drill down report

For more information:

SSRS Report Builder Part 12.1 - Drill Through Reports using Tables

https://www.tutorialgateway.org/linked-reports-in-ssrs/

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Above solutions don't work for Power BI service. I need a way to determine which is production or dev workspace to define report URL to go to.

Is it possible to capture that in Report Builder? 

I agree.  the proposed solution is a hack.  None of our SSRS paginated reports will migrate to PowerBI service because they all use the "Go to Report" options in SSRS designer.  When we attempt to deploy same report to PowerBI it throws up and error stating report definition is invalid.  When is this support coming Microsoft?

Agree. The solution works fine, but you run into limitations when you need to pass multiple parameters that can each have multiple values and the URL becomes too long. Especially since you're starting with a long URL.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors