Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pagenated Reports, PowerBI Pro

Hi,

I was under the understanding that since July the ability ot use and publish PBI Pagenated reports on PowerBI service had expanded to those with a pro licences, however, when I try and publish I can errors quoting the fact I need premuim capacity.

Have I got the wrong end of the stick/ is there a particular way to  publish the pagenated reports

Thanks,

Polly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

AFAIK, paginated report feature require premium license, you can't use it based on pro license.
If you mean pin report server content to power bi, this is possible. You can check at following blog to know more about these:

Pin Reporting Services paginated report items to dashboards in Power BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

AFAIK, paginated report feature require premium license, you can't use it based on pro license.
If you mean pin report server content to power bi, this is possible. You can check at following blog to know more about these:

Pin Reporting Services paginated report items to dashboards in Power BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

A year later, and STILL we don't have paginated reports. 

I just don't understand why this is so difficult for Microsoft to understand. So many companies cannot afford their premium price, (even with the announcements this week of premium per user license) and not having paginated reports available to our workers is a complete joke.

The fact is, paginated reports are used by team management and below (and above) to monitor performance, it needs to be widely accessible across the entire business from the lowest level to the uppers. NOW Dashboards are NOT needed at the lowest level of organisations. they are needed by the people who look at the wholistic view without needing to know the indiivdual performance.

Microsoft have this all wrong. Telling businesses that "anyone can use powerbi" is complete lies, and now taking away the most basic and core format of reporting (paginated) and wanting to charge a bomb for it is a disgrace! 

I'll just stick to our on-prem solution, much more affordable and gives all my users exactly what they want, without the benefits of moving into ML or IOT

@RobThrive Is Power BI Embedded not applicable to your scenario? I am in the same boat and looking for something meanful too.

@Anonymous Paginated reports in the Power BI Service are still a premium only feature. They went generally available in June/July, but that just means it was fully productionized... I'm not aware of any new changes to the pricing model, though I know many that are unhappy it isn't part of Pro.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors