Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Erin
Helper I
Helper I

Page becomes samll after being posted online

Hi All,

Just ran into a issue and tried a while to sovle it, but no luck:

I have a page with about 10+ charts and filters, and set the page size as 'Custom:  1280 x 2400'. I published the page to the service and pinned it to a dashboard, and could see the page takes only about 1/3 of width of the dahsborad with scroll bar letting me go down to the end of page(I believe the hight was reduced too comparing to the page on the desktop). Can't see the data on those charts. I tried to change the view by editing it at the service side, but nothing became better.

Anybody has ever had such an experience and solution?

Thanks,

Erin

10 REPLIES 10
samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Erin, I have had just this issue too. I did heaps of testing and found that its was a combination of screen resolution and browser (in some cases the browser user also had a zoom set of something other than 100%).  I know its not of much help, but basically it means you need some flexibility in your design and if its still completely unusable for the consumer, the ability to change a resolution setting or browser. I would be interested to hear back as I cant be the only one who has found this. A great addin would be a resolution emulator similar to the 3rd party ones in excel.

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

I checked my display setting, and everything seems good. the pages with less hight works well on the dahsboard. Thanks!

@Erin So, if I understand your question correctly. The report page itself is correct, it is the size of the dashboard tile that doesn't expand to the same dimensions? My guess is that there are limits to the sizing for a tile...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Eno11978 Yes, the page looks good at the report level, but dashboard tile looks narrow and short. I agree with you that it might be caused by the tile size limits.

since I have several slicers(flters, 6 of them) that need to work on all charts, and slicers in Power BI currently can't work cross pages on the dashboard, I prefer to put all the charts(15 ish) on one page, but the size limits seem make it hard. i don't see any place I can set the tile size...

Anybody have any suggestions?

Preappreciated!

Erin

@Erin Is there a reason why you don't just pin a visual to the dashboard and have the user navigate to the report page itself? Then you wouldn't have any issues...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer I use 'Pin Live Page' to post the page to the dashboard. I used 'tile' in the discussion just for describing the space for the page on the dashboard. I don't use 'Add tile' on the dahsboard to load page. Thanks!

@Erin I understand that you are using the "pin live page" feature. I'm asking why? If your page contains a bunch of visuals that a user will have to scroll through anyway, why not just pick one or two of the most important ones and pin those visuals to the dashboard. Then the end user can click on those tile/s get re-directed to your report page, where you don't have any of these size issues...

Thanks, Eno1978! I have several sclicers on the page, and also clients want all charts on one page...

@Erin Another option would be to do the following:

Just pin a visual to the dashboard (1 visual)

Have the user click to be taken to the report.

You can set the page size to any custom size you want, so you could increase the height of the page exponentially and include all your visuals in the same page and all the user has to do is scroll down.

I think this is one option, though not what we expect. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors