Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

stephen1606
Frequent Visitor

PDF Data Source not Refreshing in Service

It's great we can now connect to a PDF file and extract the tabular data but unfortunately when I published my file to the Service it failed to refresh the PDF documents. It actually refreshed all my other data sources successfully and seemingly ignored the PDFs with no error message being generated. 

I tried troubleshooting this by creating a blank report with only one PDF file as the datasource. I published this, refreshed and got the following error message: The import Pdf.Tables matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference?

With the datasource only being in preview, does this mean it isn't compatible with Power BI Service?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi stephen1606,

To extract text from PDF, you can write a cuistom function in which an R script has been implemented, for details, please refer to: https://www.thebiccountant.com/2018/01/09/use-r-to-import-text-from-pdf-files-in-power-bi/.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

That's the method I am currently using but as the new PDF connector was released in the September update I wanted to test that out. It works perfectly in the desktop but does not refresh once published to Power BI Service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors