Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LasseMr
Helper II
Helper II

PBIX Refresh and Service Reports incredible slow these days

Dear MS and Community,

We are experiencing unsually slow performance these days, today in particular.

Running Embedded Capacity with Dataflows in night and Datasets with Reports on top in the morning.

Scheduled refreshes for both Dataflows and Datasets has completed as normal.

However, end user experience for the published reports when loading is running incredible slow, talking minutes to load each visualization when normally it takes milliseconds or seconds.

We haven't changed anything from our side, must be a MS issue?

I read that MS has implemented tenant-restriction on sharing data accross tenants in different regions - I did enable this this morning as we have customers consuming the reports in different regions than in the one we host, could that have something to do with the experience?

Also, doing a refresh for developers in Power BI Desktop takes forever today, which can't have anything to do with the regions, which leads back thinking that MS must have serious issues with performance today, or is penalizing e.g. embedded capacity enourmously right now, which is completely unacceptable as we are the ones dealing with unsatisfied customers now.

Looking forward for some enlightment on this subject 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LasseMr
Helper II
Helper II

Sharing with community.

Concluded that the regional setting caused the capacity to go out of normal load pattern, and a restart has helped. Experienmenting with scaling to higher capacity moved the load to 10% compared to normal 20% after the load had normalized. I.e. situation seems to be in control again since yesterday afternoon.

See capacity load history for last 7 days.

LasseMr_0-1628750095180.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LasseMr
Helper II
Helper II

Update: it is out of control again, I wonder if there is something wrongly setup in terms of the embedded capacities?

Also it is gen2, and MS has chosen to disable the option to restart the capacity "as it is not necessary" anymore, eventhough I strongly believe a restart would help tremendously. 

Still keen to get to the bottom of this.

LasseMr_0-1629355041382.png

LasseMr
Helper II
Helper II

Sharing with community.

Concluded that the regional setting caused the capacity to go out of normal load pattern, and a restart has helped. Experienmenting with scaling to higher capacity moved the load to 10% compared to normal 20% after the load had normalized. I.e. situation seems to be in control again since yesterday afternoon.

See capacity load history for last 7 days.

LasseMr_0-1628750095180.png

LasseMr
Helper II
Helper II

Update: the performance is fluctuating a lot now, sometimes it is super fast, others it is taking minutes to load again with the infamous "Almost done..." entertaining the users.

I hope it will back to normal soon...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors