Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bryanc78
Helper IV
Helper IV

PBI workspace and Microsoft Teams

So I have a PBI workspace that is about 2 years old.  Last week, I created a brand new team in Teams and somehow, it got connected to my PBI workspace.  The name of the workspace was changed and I now have 50 members in my PBI workspace that does not need to be there.

I updated my PBI workspace to get it back to the way it was and now the Teams team was updated again.

How do I break this connection?  And how did it get connected in the first place?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@bryanc78 Sounds like it is a Classic workspace and you need to upgrade the workspace? The old workspaces tied the workspace to an Office 365 group and everyone hated that so the new workspaces don't do that. Sounds like maybe you created a new team that happend to have the same name as the Office 365 group underlying the workspace? Just guessing.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bryanc78
Helper IV
Helper IV

That did it.  Thank you

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@bryanc78 Sounds like it is a Classic workspace and you need to upgrade the workspace? The old workspaces tied the workspace to an Office 365 group and everyone hated that so the new workspaces don't do that. Sounds like maybe you created a new team that happend to have the same name as the Office 365 group underlying the workspace? Just guessing.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors