Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alex_pg
Advocate I
Advocate I

PBI server not updating, when desktop update works.

Hi,

I am having an issue with data refresh on the server.

I made a report that works just fine on the desktop app. It is pulling the data from Snowflake like many other reports that work just fine.

I published it and created a refreshed schedule (once per day). The following day I notice that even though the refresh was "completed" the dashboard did not update.

When I manually trigger a dataset refresh on the server it does not work either, however when I trigger a refresh on the app  at the same time the data updates just fine.

Capture.PNG

I tried to delete the report and re-publish it however the issue persist.

Could you please help me?

Cheers,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alex_pg ,

In Power BI Service, if original visualization used to create the tile changes, the tile doesn't change. In your scenario, since you republished the report, the change of report will not reflect to the dashboard tile. Please see: Dashboard tiles in Power BI.

To work around the issue, I would suggest you create a report with required visuals in one report page, and publish the report to service. Then pin an entire report page via "Pin a live page" feature to a dashboard. Because pin live page enables changes to reports to appear in the dashboard tile when the page is refreshed. For more information, please refer to this article: Pin an entire report page, as a live tile, to a Power BI dashboard.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alex_pg ,

In Power BI Service, if original visualization used to create the tile changes, the tile doesn't change. In your scenario, since you republished the report, the change of report will not reflect to the dashboard tile. Please see: Dashboard tiles in Power BI.

To work around the issue, I would suggest you create a report with required visuals in one report page, and publish the report to service. Then pin an entire report page via "Pin a live page" feature to a dashboard. Because pin live page enables changes to reports to appear in the dashboard tile when the page is refreshed. For more information, please refer to this article: Pin an entire report page, as a live tile, to a Power BI dashboard.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Alex_pg
Advocate I
Advocate I

No there is no gateway involved, the data comes from Snowflake

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Is a gateway involved? Does the gateway connection user have the same scope as you?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors