Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jamesthedataguy
Regular Visitor

PBI Service - Scheduled Refresh Failures

Starting late last week, multiple reports that are published to the Service are failing to refresh (scheduled). The reason being stated for the failure is, "There's not enough memory to complete this operation. Please try again later when there may be more memory available." The workspace that these failures are happening in has well under 10GB of datasets in it.

I have a report published that has a ~500GB dataset. It failed to refresh with that error message. I can understand that, but I also have many reports that are ~1MB in size that are also failing with the same message. I have confirmed that all data sources are not low on resources. Random manual refreshes seem to work fine.

Anyone else experiencing this as of late?

License: Power BI Pro for GCC (Government Cloud)

Thanks!

James

1 REPLY 1
Sumanth_23
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

hi @jamesthedataguy - How many datasets do you have scheduled and are the schedule times overlapping? I have seen this error when there are multiple datasets scheduled to trigger at the same time OR one prior dataset refresh is consuming workspace resources and causes subsequent data refreshes to fail. 

Happy to help!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors