Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emmet63
Advocate I
Advocate I

PBI Service Admin Portal Link Missing

I have not checked in awhile, but as of today, i can no longer access the Power BI Admin Portal under the gear. My account is an O365 Global Admin & i did double check that. I also checked on Chome & IE on a Win10 & Win7 machine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I may have figured this out. I am not sure if this is a quirk or an 'unintended feature' but it appears that you can only access the Admin Portal in Power BI Service when you are in My Workspace. I have found that when I am in any other O365 Group workspace, that I do not see the Admin Portal link, but when I am on My Workspace the Admin Portal is available.

Note: after selecting My Workspace I have had to reload the page at times in order to get the Admin Portal to show up.

Let me know if your experience is the same.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@emmet63 Below is the only requirement for you to be able to access the admin portal. So unless there is something wrong with power bi service or your account specific link shouldn't be missing. I would suggest you check back few times and still if you can't access contact microsoft support.

Your account needs to be marked as a Global Admin, within Office 365 or Azure Active Directory, to get access to the Power BI admin portal.

I have the same problem. My account is Global Admin in O365, but the link to Power BI Admin Portal is not listed (anymore).

Best - Sascha
Please always mark accepted solutions. It helps others with similar questions or problems. Thank you.

I may have figured this out. I am not sure if this is a quirk or an 'unintended feature' but it appears that you can only access the Admin Portal in Power BI Service when you are in My Workspace. I have found that when I am in any other O365 Group workspace, that I do not see the Admin Portal link, but when I am on My Workspace the Admin Portal is available.

Note: after selecting My Workspace I have had to reload the page at times in order to get the Admin Portal to show up.

Let me know if your experience is the same.

skasper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I can confirm this. Once I switch to My Workspace and do a browser refresh, the link does show up. Rather odd. Cannot imagine this to be on purpose.

Thank you for the hint!

Best - Sascha
Please always mark accepted solutions. It helps others with similar questions or problems. Thank you.

@ankitpatira thanks for the reply  

i am aware of the Global Admin requirement and as i said i validated that my account is still set as a Global Admin

not sure if this was a glitch but as of today i can again see and access the Admin Portal in PBI Service  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors