Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ferrus
Resolver I
Resolver I

PBI SERVICE: Dataflow refresh very slow and impossible to do a manual dataset refresh

Hello guys,

Anyone experiencing problems on PBI Service with very slow dataflow refresh today?

Usually it take less than 2 min when I want a refresh from Sharepoint and today since this morning it takes like forever. 😞

Plus I can't even make a manual dataset refresh on PBI Service.

I tried the refresh from PBI Desktop and it seems to work (datasource: Dataflow).

Anyone knows if there is a workaroung happening ?

I'm based in Europe, France...

Thanks for your help.
Best regards, 

21 REPLIES 21
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ferrus ,

Try to update  gateway to 3000.110.5.And test it again.

Refer :https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Dataflows-not-refreshing/idi-p/2341943 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

I just downloaded the latest version of the gateway- 3000.114.6- but this issue still persists.

I am in Nigeria and the gate way is set up in West Europe.

Manual refreshes are not working. My reports have failed to automatically refresh itself Yesterday and today. This is an issue for me as it is affecting my ability to provide timely reports for the units and departments that rely on them.

Please help!!

jmlove0923
Frequent Visitor

Same in the US this AM - they wont refresh at all though and took forever yesterday

rargyle
Advocate II
Advocate II

Today, most of my dataflows with cloud based data sources have refreshed (all but one), however ALL my dataflows with Oracle or SQL Server On Premises data source based dataflows have FAILED, with the error "Error: The keyword isn't supported: configurationproperties."

Anyone else having this issue?

Ferrus
Resolver I
Resolver I

Indeed, the dataflows seems to work correctly but the manual refresh on dataset is still taking forever on my side 😞 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, ours seem to have worked as well!

StNi
Frequent Visitor

Dataflows refreshed correctly this morning on my end, I hope your issues are also fixed today.

HeiHo
Frequent Visitor

Same here (Germany). Trying today to adjust some of the Dataflows, which access our Sharepoint. This morning it was almost impossible, after noon it's been a bit better, but now again. Simple steps in Power Query take minutes. 

StNi
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous unfortunately I don't think soo...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do we know if anyone is looking into this? Support site says no troubles or outages in Europe and I have not seen anyone from the Power BI or Microsoft team reply to this thread or the raised issue . Just to know whether the issue is being taken care of or not (yet)...

I just created a support ticket (again). 2202150050001629

- Really wish we had premium....... 😐

ArmanddeKoker
Regular Visitor

same here. South africa but running through UK

mariodx
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here (Eastern Europe). Most dataflows either fail to refresh or refresh times out.

I am having this same issue! Yesterday and today, my datasets have not refreshed. All my reports are outdated and the departments reliant on my reports are affected.

I am in Nigeria and my gateway is in West Europe. Please what do I do???

rargyle
Advocate II
Advocate II

yes, same issue here in UK. Not all my dataflow refreshes have failed, but a large number have, with various seemingly random error messages. All dataflows refreshed normally yesterday, and are unchanged, so it has to be a Microsoft issue, not an error I've created.

KristianA
Advocate II
Advocate II

So I did some testing and this is what I found, which may provide a temporary workaround.

All my dataflows in a workspace on shared capacity (Pro) were having issues refreshing.

I moved the workspace to Premium Per User and did an on-demand refresh of every dataflow, and they all worked as expected again.

If you got Premium you could likely do a temporary migration of all workspaces with dataflows to get them back up and running.

Alternatively, you may be able to start a PPU trial if you haven't used it already, and then temporarily migrate your workspace to PPU to get back up and running. It would however require all your users to get a PPU trial as well.

apods1979
Helper I
Helper I

Similar  issue in North Europe!!

apoprio
Helper I
Helper I

Same problem in Portugal!!
Since the beginning of the platform (Power BI Service), this type of instability occurs with some frequency, be it bimonthly or monthly.
‌‌‌‌🤔

jeroen_guns
Frequent Visitor

Same here in NL. West europe.
Running fot 2 hours. Then failing.

KristianA
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same issue here in Norway (North Europe). All dataflows on shared capacity (Pro) seems to be failing, while dataflows on PPU and Premium Capacity are working as normal.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors