Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GenoRockMdt
Frequent Visitor

PBI Report Subscription and AD Group

I have a Power BI Report and added a subscription to it whereby named individuals were added for the subscription to run weekly. Everything seemed to work well - when I I selected Run Now, the individuals received the defined report/subscription emails as expected.

When I switched the recipients to a single Active Directory group (using an AD group that is available in the Service but originated in our On Prem AD space using the premium service), the PBI Service allows me to specifiy the AD group but when the scheduled date/time arrived, nobody received the email for the subscription.  

When I select Run Now with the AD group for the Recipients, nobody appears to have received the report even thought the service indicates that the subscription ran.

Is there a log available somewhere to see the executions of the subscription?  Is there a limitation on subscriptions on what types of groups can be used?

Please advise.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @GenoRockMdt 

Please refer to the offical doeuments for more details about considerations and troubleshooting.

Subscribe to a report or dashboard in the Power BI service 

Subscribe others to your reports and dashboards in the Power BI service 

To create subscriptions for others, you must have:

• Edit permissions for the dashboard or report.
  • A Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license.

If the report or dashboard isn't hosted in a Premium capacity, you can subscribe other people, but they must have Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) licenses.

Power BI administrators can use the Power BI audit logs to view details around subscriptions. These details include:

• Created By
  • Creation Date
  • Content Subscribed to
  • Recipients
  • Frequency
  • Modified By
  • Modified Date

See Operations available in the audit and activity logs in "Track user activities in Power BI" for details.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @GenoRockMdt 

Please refer to the offical doeuments for more details about considerations and troubleshooting.

Subscribe to a report or dashboard in the Power BI service 

Subscribe others to your reports and dashboards in the Power BI service 

To create subscriptions for others, you must have:

• Edit permissions for the dashboard or report.
  • A Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license.

If the report or dashboard isn't hosted in a Premium capacity, you can subscribe other people, but they must have Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) licenses.

Power BI administrators can use the Power BI audit logs to view details around subscriptions. These details include:

• Created By
  • Creation Date
  • Content Subscribed to
  • Recipients
  • Frequency
  • Modified By
  • Modified Date

See Operations available in the audit and activity logs in "Track user activities in Power BI" for details.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors