Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nsmithsd
Frequent Visitor

PBI Report Builder V2Workspace XMLA Error

I'm getting this error when trying to connecte to datasets in a V2Workspace:

COM error: Microsoft.MWC.Workload.Client.Library; Microsoft.MWC.Workload.Client.Library.Utils.WebApi.PBIServiceException.

Datasets in V1Workspace worked ok.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting the same error.  I have two workspaces, one V1 and one V2 and when i publish the same dataset to both, i can connect to V1 but not V2.  I tried creating new V2 workspaces but same result.  I'll post back if i get it to work.

bradsy
Employee
Employee

Hi nsmithsd,

I cannot reproduce the issue. In PBIRB, I tried to connnect to data sources in both V2 and V1 workspaces and did not hit any issues. Is this happening when trying to get the connection string? What are your repro steps?

@bradsy - I copy and paste the server settings connection string from the service into datasource in PBIRB using the anaylsis services option. Then get that error when trying to use that datasource in a dataset. Curious what your security trim level is in the V2 workspace, I'm an admin.

@Anonymous what security trim level are you using in the V2 workspace?

Thanks!

Hard to keep discussing through forum. You can reach me directly at bradsy@removetextmicrosoft.com.

I assume your capacities are all premium.

1. Run Fiddler. This can capture the web traffic from RB to the service, may give us more information. If you can send me the trace minus any private information, that can help.

2. If you can let me test from my Report Builder by using a test account or such, that can help as well.

The step that is failing is Add Dataset, then launching the query designer?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors