Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SaaM
Helper II
Helper II

PBI Premium - Subscriptions - Send the whole report (hidden and shown pages)

Hi guys,

I have a report with 18 pages (15 hidden and 3 shown).

I want to receive the whole report (18 pages) in PDF every day.

So I did this:

I created a mail subscription with selecting the options:

• Screenshot of a page
  • Enclosure of the report as PDF.

SaaM_0-1619010305870.png

But the PDF contains only the show pages (3 pages) and does not include the remaining 15 pages.

Does anyone know if we can exclude/include pages for a subscritpion like mine, without unhidden the pages in the original report ?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Saam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @SaaM ,

as far as I know this doesn't work with the subscription.

You can activate to show hidden sheets with Power Automate and the creation of a PDF in there. But this need Premium or Premium per User. Would that work for you?

The "low cost" alternative is to duplicate the report for the subscription and make all the pages visible.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @SaaM ,

as far as I know this doesn't work with the subscription.

You can activate to show hidden sheets with Power Automate and the creation of a PDF in there. But this need Premium or Premium per User. Would that work for you?

The "low cost" alternative is to duplicate the report for the subscription and make all the pages visible.

If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

hi Denis,

Could you explain me better?

If a customer with dozens of users wanted to release a PDF of the BI report to everyone, would it be enough for the customer to purchase only one Power BI PPU license? 

Let me better explain my need:

a customer has several dozen users, but wants to buy only thirty Power BI PRO licenses and then distribute the report to all other NOT licensed users via a PDF.

Or is this thing possible only by buying the Power Bi Premium?

Thank you very much

Hi @selimovd ,

Actually, I have an account Premium per user but i don t know how to use it with Power Automate, do you have any resources about that point ?

Thanks in advance

Hey @SaaM ,

sure, check the following tutorial:

Export and email a report with Power Automate - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best regards
Denis

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors