Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

[PBI Premium] Last Successful Refresh Data

Morning, 

I'm curious to know if there's a way that I can get a dataset refresh history in my report on Premium? I'd like to be able to present the last successful refresh date on the front page as the report is public-facing. 

Thanks,

Matt

3 REPLIES 3

@Anonymous If you are viewing the report in the Service, then the new look automatically places the "Data updated <date>" on the top of the report. As far as historically pulling that, there could be options but it would require pulling that via API or O365 metrics (check to see if available) and adding it to your dataset. If it is just the date, you can also add a measure in your report to pull the latest refresh by capturing current date/time in PQ and showing in report.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Seth_C_Bauer  

Thanks for the reply and apologies for my late one! I'd not noticed the last refresh date whilst browsing in the service so great to see that, however, the product that I'm displaying is actually published to web and therefore doesn't have the drop down section. 

I can think of a quick and dirty way to do it but would prefer if PBI had something built in I could use. 

Cheers!

@Anonymous Unfortunetely all embedded reports don't have the last refresh. I just had to build this into one of my reports in a static fashion. What I mean by that is I know the timezone of the individuals consuming it EST, so I created a query to capture the current date and time.

let
    Source = #table(type table[LastRefresh=datetime], {{DateTime.LocalNow()}})
in
Source

and used a measure to change the UTC time (When you deploy to the Service it will always be in UTC) to the correct time zone.

Last Refreshed (EST) = MAX(LastRefresh[LastRefresh]) - 4/24

and placed the measure in a card on my report pages.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors