Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PBIn00b
Advocate I
Advocate I

PBI Online not showing all the data

I am using the same dataset in PBI Online as I am in PBI Desktop.  When I refresh, PBI Desktop shows all the data properly, however PBI Online isn't showing all the data.  All my other data sets seem fine, but this one just isn't working correctly.  Also, this dataset pulled fine just a few days ago.

For instance I have data from 2008 - 2016. 

PBI Desktop shows data from 2008 - 2016. 

PBI Online shows data only from 2009 - 2010

I have tried re-entering credentials, moving my gateway, refreshing the data, verifying my filters, etc...

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

That sounds very odd. Is this after you publish from PBI Desktop or is your Desktop and Service reports refreshing independently from one another?

Where are you seeing that PBI Online only shows data from 2009-2010? Dashboard, Reports, Dataset? The reason I ask is that Dashboard tiles keep the filters they hand at the time that they were pinned. You could always "explore the dataset" and create a simple table with no filters to check to be sure.

What is the status of the last refresh on your dataset, if you are refreshing it that way in the Service?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi smoupre, thanks for the quick reply.

They are refreshing independently, but I have tried publishing from Desktop to see if that changed the result.  It didn't.

I am seeing this in the actual report, not the dashboard.  I have tried making a clean report with the dataset and I get the same result.  Also, my refreshes are showing successful.

EDIT: Something even stranger.... now the data seems accurate. I haven't changed a thing.

Hmm, that's mysterious. Wonder if there was some kind of caching issue or something? The one downside to cloud, it is very much a "black box" so weird things can happen and there is no troubleshooting. Glad you got it fixed!

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors