Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PBI Gateway status running only in the pc that it is installed in

Hi,

I have set up a PBI gateway on a pc designated for gateways. I have added several users as administrators and have ticked all three boxes, when in manage gateways. However, the unusual thing is when i access the gateway from my pc, it displays that the gateway is "not configured correctly" and i'd need to add to gateway, as displayed below:

PBIcap.PNG.

This forces me to add the data gateway (again) to get the gateway running and green again.

However, oddly, when i go into the pc which the gateway is installed in, the gatweay is "Running" and green. 

Why is this? How am I able to fix it?

2 REPLIES 2
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?Could you please provide more details about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It need you to configure a data source if it does not be configured in "Manage Gateway" even if this gateway is running. A Data source contain data source type, address and database name. After create a data source or it has existed in "Manage Gateway" , you can map to it in setting of dataset. Please refer to this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-data-sources

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors