Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Eric
Advocate I
Advocate I

PBI Emedded Dataflow & Dataset Refresh Problems

We are having major issues with dataflow and dataset refresh times within our workspace assigned to a Power BI Embedded Capacity.  We started with A1 and we have tested A2, A3 and now A4 without any material change.  Dataflows and Datasets that refresh in minutes in the Pro level shared workspaces are taking hours to refresh in the Premium level embedded workspace, if they refresh at all.  Often they fail for no apparent reason or because of memory errors, which the failure message saying we have exceeded the capacity of our dedicated tier.  Our GoldenDataset.pbix is about 300 meg and it refreshes in about 30 minutes in the shared workspace but it fails completely in the embedded workspace all the way up to and including A4, after running for 3+ hours.

Has anyone else faced this type of issue and found a way to solve the problem?  Any ideas why the dedicated workspace performs so poorly in comparison to the shared workspace?

1 REPLY 1
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Eric ,

For the issue, I cannot reproduce it here. We suggest you to open a ticket here for help if you are a pro user: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket (1).gif

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors