Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Benito_BI
Frequent Visitor

PBI Embed function not working when user is added to app and not workspace

Hello,

I have embedded a report in Dynamics CRM, but the users cant see the report.
This is because the users have acces to PBI App and not the PBI Workspace.

If i use the PBI App embedded code, it should also let the users of the app see the report and its data.

But this is not the case, it looks at the users that are in the PBI Workspace.

Could somebody help me to get it working without adding the users to the workspace? (they are added to the published App)

Kind regards,

Benito

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Benito_BI 

Do you mean Power App or Powre BI app (publish app workspace)? You may post here for Power Apps quesitons.

I am not familiar with Dynamics CRM but lets say if we look at embed in SharePoint, you need to add users to the both Power bi and sharepoint site. So try add users also in Dynamics CRM and assign with correct Role Permission. 

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Benito_BI 

Do you mean Power App or Powre BI app (publish app workspace)? You may post here for Power Apps quesitons.

I am not familiar with Dynamics CRM but lets say if we look at embed in SharePoint, you need to add users to the both Power bi and sharepoint site. So try add users also in Dynamics CRM and assign with correct Role Permission. 

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I mean Power BI App (publish app workspace).

When i use the embed code that is generated when i click on embed in the powerbi app report page,this is the code i use the embed in Dynamics CRM 365.

I have only added the users to my PowerBI Apps and not to the PowerBI workspace, when i add the users to the PowerBi works space then the users can see the report that i have embeded in Dynamics CRM 365.

Kind Regards,

Benito

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors