Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ditto110
Regular Visitor

PBI Desktop Will Refresh - Scheduled is Intermittant

Hi everyone. Having an issue I can't crack!

I have several visuals in PBI Desktop. There are 3 data sources. Two of them are on premises SQL Server sources. The other is an Acces DB that I set up. I need this to match flight numbers together (ie 901 & 902 are both assigned 901/902 so that I can see the performance of an individual flight, or the entire flight). I have disabled data refresh of the Access DB - refreshing manually only if there is a new flight number in the system. 

When I schedule a refresh or manually try to refresh on the PBI website, it attempts for 20 minutes or so, then ends with this error:

Data source type: 
Processing error:The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:714895e7-cb4f-444c-bbae-2bcbf411ec2c
Request ID:9321469e-82c6-e0c1-78db-4729ee4bdc29
Time:2016-03-28 20:16:51Z

I can refresh from PBI Desktop every time - and have no issue publishing to the web. I am on a work network, if that is relevant. There have been times when it has refreshed on schedule, but more often than not it fails. I do have a personal gateway installed, and is connected during refresh attempts.

This really has be stumped. The reports I have built are great when they refresh, but without successfully getting new data added they aren't of much use. Appreciate any help whatsoever anyone can offer!

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
Ditto110
Regular Visitor

Hi again. This morning I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the personal gateway without success. I have read that my error relates to the filesize exceeding 250 MB, however my file is less than 1 MB. Appreciate any feedback!

@Ditto110 Can you use enterprise gateway instaead of personal gateway ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors