Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andrjohns
Frequent Visitor

PBI Dataflow Internal Storage - Blob SAS Permissions

Hi All,

Following the steps in this forum post, I've been able to generate a Blob Storage shared access signature (SAS) for accessing the .csv files for the tables within a given dataflow, using a POST query to the `storageAccess` endpoint for the dataflow with the body:

{
  "TokenLifetimeInMinutes" = 1440,
  "Permissions" = "Read",
  "EntityName" = {table_name}
}

However, this endpoint only appears to support requesting SAS keys with either "Read" or "List" permissions. Is it possible to request both "Read" AND "List" permissions? All attempts at specifying two permissions have returned errors, or just defaulted to only "Read" permissions.

Thanks!
Andrew

4 REPLIES 4
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @andrjohns

You may try to make some changes to your code like this.

{

"TokenLifetimeInMinutes" = 1440,

"Permissions" =[ "Read","List" ],

"EntityName" = {table_name}

}

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please let me. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately that also returns an error, as it appears the endpoint is expecting a single value for the Permissions field:

Cannot deserialize the current JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) into type 'Microsoft.PowerBI.ServiceContracts.Version201606.Cdsa.CdsaAccessTokenPermissions' because the type requires a JSON primitive value (e.g. string, number, boolean, null) to deserialize correctly.
To fix this error either change the JSON to a JSON primitive value (e.g. string, number, boolean, null) or change the deserialized type to an array or a type that implements a collection interface (e.g. ICollection, IList) like List<T> that can be deserialized from a JSON array. JsonArrayAttribute can also be added to the type to force it to deserialize from a JSON array.

Hi @andrjohns,

Yean, it seems like the server side only accept one permission parameter one time. How about separately retrieve Read/List permission data and then do filters on the result set?

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Thanks for the help! Unfortunately I need a single SAS key with both List and Read permissions, so that won't quite work for me

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors