Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

PBI DASHBOARD IN PPT SAVED AS A IMAGE ISSUE

Hi all,

I Embed a live PBI visual to a PPT slide after saving and re openning it , PBI visual gets saved as an image. i need a dyanamic visual in the slide. can you advise on what went wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Every time you open your presentation, the report page reloads into the add-in, bringing fresh data from the Power BI service. There may be times when you don't want this to happen, and instead would like the data to remain static. For this you can use the Show as Saved Image option. Show as Saved Image turns the current live view into a static, non-interactive image. Then, when you next open the presentation, you'll see the static view you saved.

vluwangmsft_2-1666337593345.png

To restore the interactive view, select the Show as Saved Image option again. The live report page will reload in the state it was last in, but with the latest data from Power BI.

refer:

View and present live Power BI report pages in PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn 

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did that it worked dynamically  after closing the PPT and re openning it, it get changed to an image.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Every time you open your presentation, the report page reloads into the add-in, bringing fresh data from the Power BI service. There may be times when you don't want this to happen, and instead would like the data to remain static. For this you can use the Show as Saved Image option. Show as Saved Image turns the current live view into a static, non-interactive image. Then, when you next open the presentation, you'll see the static view you saved.

vluwangmsft_2-1666337593345.png

To restore the interactive view, select the Show as Saved Image option again. The live report page will reload in the state it was last in, but with the latest data from Power BI.

refer:

View and present live Power BI report pages in PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn 

Best Regards

Lucien

no, it doesn't as soon as you change the report save as image, there is no way going back and I have insert the link again... save again and the live connection is lost and all I see is an image of my last view. 

However, I have tried previously that when I pin images to a dashboard, those reload again without any issue but entire report will not. 

Can you please find a solution to this?

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

This is by design, you can try exporting live reports.To add a live Power BI report page to a PowerPoint slide, you first need to get the URL to the page. You then paste the URL into the Power BI add-in in PowerPoint. The following article tells how to add a live Power BI report page to PowerPoint,pls refer it :

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-power-bi-powerpoint-add-in-install?tabs=share 

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors