Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PBI Audit log export not including all records

i was exporting audit logs using powershell script which has limit of 5000 rows or last 90days..it used to work fine,,,but lately when i run the script it does not give me all records. I see the blog where limit is reduced to 1000 records....but im not even getting 200 rows no matter  what duration i run in the script..Like if run for last 90 days or last  7 days...it just gives me around 150-200 records.

I donno what changed? and sometimes it skips the records. when i run it for last 1 day..it is missing some rows.

Any suggestions?

When i run the ps script.... i get below warning...Not sure if it has anything to do with it...

WARNING: Fail to get the UnfiedAuditSettings for Organization: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Search will defaulted to 90 days

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! Have you managed to resolve this? We're having the same issue. 

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Please search the audit logs on Office 365 site to check whether you can see all records.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yulgu-msft its working fine when i export it from O365. But

if i search from say 11/07/2018  00:00.......the result set have records starting from around 11/07/2018  05:35 .

I am assuming it is considering the UTC time when exporting records. .

So ..coming to the actual issue...is something wrong with powershell script? we r trying to automate using powershell script only.

and dont want to manually export from O365. 

Can you guide me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. Have you managed to resolve this? We're having the same issue. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors