Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Original Author - Track changes

Hey Friends,

I'm now doing some admin work for our App_Workspace.

We have a large number of people uploading into one workspace and it's getting pretty messy.

Is ther anyway to find out who the orginal author is for a report?

Or is there a spot where I can add meta data to a report and / or dataset to manually note who the owner is in the group?

Any help would be amazing. The task right now seems overwhelming without this.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous

For an App workspace member/admin, you might not be  able to see who created the report and who made the last modification. If your account is marked as a Global Admin, within Office 365 or Azure Active Directory, or have been assigned the Power BI service administrator role,then, please locate to Admin Portal. You can use auditing logs.

and here is a similar post for you refer to:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Identify-the-report-s-creator-in-a-workspace-with-several/td-p/334945

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous

For an App workspace member/admin, you might not be  able to see who created the report and who made the last modification. If your account is marked as a Global Admin, within Office 365 or Azure Active Directory, or have been assigned the Power BI service administrator role,then, please locate to Admin Portal. You can use auditing logs.

and here is a similar post for you refer to:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Identify-the-report-s-creator-in-a-workspace-with-several/td-p/334945

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help!

I'm going to have to work back with our teams to get some of the functionality set up.

I would say this definetly isn't ideal and it feels a bit cumbersome for admin, but it's a good first step 🙂

Thanks again for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors