Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

justinbouchard
Frequent Visitor

Oracle works in powerbi, but not with the gateway

Hi everyone,

I'm stumped on this one. I have a on-premise gateway installed on my laptop and everything works as it should. The problem is that its a laptop and not meant to be on all the time. 

I found an old desktop that I can leave on so i can run the gateway at all times but for some reason I can't get it to connect to Oracle.  I have powerbi installed, oracle, and I'm able to connect via powerbi. The only thing that doesnt work is the gateway connection.

When I try to re-connect using my credentials I get the following error:

FAFSPowerBI: Oracle: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

justinbouchard_0-1654009115887.png

I'm able to connect or reconnect to my other data sources. Just not oracle. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @justinbouchard 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please check if this post helps, Error - Oracle: ORA-12154: TNS - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

justinbouchard
Frequent Visitor

Spoke too soon! While I was able to connect Oracle to ODS through the gateway through a server/db path, I was not able to hook it up to any of my reports because tehy specified the db sever on its own!

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey @justinbouchard ,

I found this thread that might be helpful - there is two or three options in there for this message:

Error - Oracle: ORA-12154: TNS - Microsoft Power BI Community

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Thanks @collinq 

Putting in the Server/DB worked for me!  I was just putting in the DB in the server name.

justinbouchard_0-1654092200205.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors