Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

akkiraj19
Regular Visitor

Options to publish reports with EM3 License

Hi All,

I currently have EM3 licese. I am looking for options to share reports across organisation.

Option 1) Embed reports with Sharepoint Online.

Option 2) Embed report in App and publish with the users with free license. 

Looking for more information on Option2. 

The reports and the app are available in dedicated capacity (EM3). Can i publish this app for the free users in my organisation?

Or is this option only available for Premium P1 license? 

I have tested option1. User experience is not that great as we dont have much control over sharepoint page.

Is there any other way to share reports?

Please help understand this.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@akkiraj19 Yeah... "App" - not confusing at all. (queue sarcasm). Think of things in this way, if you want to use the Power BI Service as the sharing platform (Dashboards, Reports, Apps) then you need a premium P1 license. If you are only using the Power BI Service to create the report and subseqeunt URL to embed into another location (SharePoint, Custom Application = App in your case) then you can use an embedded license (EM or A).

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@akkiraj19 Yeah... "App" - not confusing at all. (queue sarcasm). Think of things in this way, if you want to use the Power BI Service as the sharing platform (Dashboards, Reports, Apps) then you need a premium P1 license. If you are only using the Power BI Service to create the report and subseqeunt URL to embed into another location (SharePoint, Custom Application = App in your case) then you can use an embedded license (EM or A).

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors