Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Giorgi1989
Advocate II
Advocate II

Optimize exportation time to PowerPoint

Hi, 

I have a report that includes 26 pages (inc. 25 hidden tabs) and about 250 visuals (including charts, sparklines, buttons, cards, and images). Currently exporting to PowerPoint takes on average 2.40 mins, which I don't think is too bad given the number of pages/visuals/background filters etc.

But, maybe others may have a suggestion as to how to optimize the exportation time? (My goal is to bring the export time under 2 minutes).  

Anyone has a better understanding as to which of the visual types take the heaviest tool on exporting? I have been experimenting for days by deleting some visuals/pages and in most cases it has little to no effect on the export time. I would like to better understand what and to what extent influences the export time, but there is a scarcity of resources available online.

Any tip/suggestion/resource would be appreciated.

Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
v-yinliw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Giorgi1989 ,

I think the speed of export time should basically only be related to the number of visuals and pages, and has nothing to do with the visual type.

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Yinliw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors