Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tishchenko
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Only first 99 dates on some visuals?

Hi, i'm record video that explain "first 99 dates" bug by using standart demo from Samples Galary "Sales and Marketing Sample"

So everybody can reproduce this bug.

first case: when "date" field is second item after "month" in hierarchy - result - only first 99 rows you can see.

second case: the same dataset in "Line and clustered column chart" show 99 rows, but "Clustered column chart" show all dates!

This bug is critical for many my reports

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tishchenko,

About the first scenario, if you want to use drill down function, you need to place fields which contains hierarchy in shared axis. Please take a look at this video to know more about drill down:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-service-update-0106/

a2.PNG

About the second scenario, I'm not able to reproduce the issue like yours. My test results is below. Would you mind try it again in your environment?

q1.PNG

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, about first scenario. So, if you remove "Year" from axis (you screenshot #1) -and do drill to "Date" - you can see only first 99 rows. So, this expected behavior? 
Ok, in my dataset i'm try add Year to Axis, but I did not see any changes. It's because in my model type of Year field in calendar table is Text. After change Year field to type INT and put on Axis all 3 fields Year+Month+Date, all dates appears after drill down.

If  remove Year from axis - you can see this:

bug.png

Secon issue: seems I'm not able to reproduce to now. I'm recorded this video on version 13.0.1100.658, now is 13.0.1100.682. May be this is the reason ))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors