Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

itsme007
Frequent Visitor

Online reports stuck in look "Almost Done"

I am now getting the “Almost Done” spinning issue every day, my reports work fine in PowerBi desktop and take around 1 minute to refresh, but once published and people try to access them online they give the dreaded “Almost Done” loop.

I have tried the method of signing out, clearing browser cache and closing browser then reloading but this makes no difference.

Does anyone have any other ideas / solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @itsme007,

Okay, if i understand correctly, in your case, you have a pro license and you share reports.

In power bi, free users can not view shared contents created by others.

Here is the feature list of free users, and your case is belong to Scenario 1.

vxulinmstf_0-1624502514984.pngvxulinmstf_1-1624502574269.png

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

😉

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @itsme007,

Here's a similar post, please check if it matches your issue.

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Hi,

So are they saying that all users require a Pro account / licence just for viewing the online reports? I thought that you could view reports on a free account / licence?

Hi @itsme007,

The free user can see the content in the following three cases.

1.Contents in 'My workspace'.

2.Contents have been published to web.

3.The workspace where the content is located has been allocated premium capacity and the user has been added to the workspace.

For more information, you can refer:

Power BI service features by license type - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Link

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

I am on a pro licence, so the users with a free licence should be able to view the reports that I create acording to the link you provided.  I still dont understand why we are getting this issue. 

Hi @itsme007,

Perhaps you are confusing a pro license with a premium license.

A user with a pro license can share with a user who also has a pro license, but a free user cannot.

In your case, the users need a pro license so that they can view the reports you created.

As a workaround, you can publish reports to web with a pro license so that free users can view the contents.

So, you can purchase and assign pro licenses to users in your organization who need to collaborate.

For more information, you can refer:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌😉

Best Regards,

Link

Hi @itsme007,

Is your issue solved?

If the issue has been solved, please adopt the solution to help others.

😉

Best Regards,

Link

Hi 

No, as explained previously, this is not the issue as I am using a Pro licence so the people that wish to view the reports should be able to view them on a free licence, but everyone is constantly getting the almost done issue

Hi @itsme007,

Okay, if i understand correctly, in your case, you have a pro license and you share reports.

In power bi, free users can not view shared contents created by others.

Here is the feature list of free users, and your case is belong to Scenario 1.

vxulinmstf_0-1624502514984.pngvxulinmstf_1-1624502574269.png

😉

Best Regards,

Link

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors