Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mo-PHAT
Helper I
Helper I

Online refreshing with Access database on Gateway

I have an access database successfully installed to the gateway but when I try to refresh my dataset I get this error:

Something went wrong
Unable to connect to the data source undefined.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Underlying error code-2147467259 Table: People.
Underlying error messageUnspecified error
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ReasonDataFormat.Error

Sometimes it refers to other tables in the access database too.  I have not done any data format changes to those 2 tables and most are just text or dates.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mo-PHAT ,

As the online documentAccess database is not supported for on-prem gateway.  You can certainly connect to a file using the personal gateway.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mo-PHAT ,

As the online documentAccess database is not supported for on-prem gateway.  You can certainly connect to a file using the personal gateway.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

@v-frfei-msftI am having the same issue but random times it will refresh and I'd say about 3 weeks ago I had no issues refreshing it. If it's not supported why would it work randomly? Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors