Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ghadeerelzein
Frequent Visitor

Online refresh is failing :The received uncompressed data on the gateway client has exceeded limit

Hello, i have been having an issue for a while now, every time i try to refresh a dataset in power bi service it is giving me the following error : " Last refresh failed: Mon Dec 04 2017 15:11:11 GMT+0400 (GST) 
The amount of uncompressed data on the gateway client has exceeded the limit of 10 GB for a single table. Please consider reducing the use of highly repetitive strings values through normalized keys, removing unused columns, or upgrading to Power BI Premium" I tried to reduce the size of the file and it went down from 400MB to 169MB however the issue is still appearing. Also, i have tried refreshing the offline version and it is working fine. Somehow it is only failing while refreshing the online version in power bi service. Help will be much appreciated.Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ghadeerelzein,

As the error message stated, the issue occurs due to the report hits 10GB uncompressed data limitation. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to check the memory usage during refresh in Power BI service. One way to estimate is to use Power BI desktop to load the exact same dataset/report and monitor the memory usage during refresh. 

You can either to reduce the data (columns/rows) either get a Premium Capacity. For more information, see: 

Error: The received uncompressed data on the gateway client has exceeded limit.

Uncompressed data limits for refresh

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ghadeerelzein,

As the error message stated, the issue occurs due to the report hits 10GB uncompressed data limitation. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to check the memory usage during refresh in Power BI service. One way to estimate is to use Power BI desktop to load the exact same dataset/report and monitor the memory usage during refresh. 

You can either to reduce the data (columns/rows) either get a Premium Capacity. For more information, see: 

Error: The received uncompressed data on the gateway client has exceeded limit.

Uncompressed data limits for refresh

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors