Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ncbshiva
Advocate V
Advocate V

Online refresh fails with Amazon Reshift

Hi All,

I am using Amazon Redshift views as backend in my Power BI report . The refresh works in the Power BI desktop (takes one hour to refresh 1 million records). But in the Power BI online the refresh fails with time out exception. Even tried increasing the timeout to 180 mins , but it failed once again with timeout exception.

Message:Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation. Table: monthly_datasource.
Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:ba260a3f-79f4-45d8-a0e3-c9a850a50e91
Request ID:ec437539-9d77-2834-57d5-bbaaeccc69b2
Time:2019-01-15 11:58:20Z

Can anyone please tell me how to resolve this issue , i need this refresh to work online.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@ncbshiva,

Please check if the credentials is invalid or expired, click dataset-> Data Source-> Credentials. 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuta-msft,

The credentials are valid indeed and working fine , when i try to refresh the same in the Power BI Desktop.

Hi Team,

Can you please help me to resolve this refresh issue with Amazon redshift , i have been facing this since 2 months and i am not able to get the where the problem is.

Regards

@ncbshiva,

If this issue is very urgent to you, I would suggest you to create a support ticket to achieve further deeper help.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ncbshiva
Advocate V
Advocate V

Hi All,

Can you please help me to resolve this refresh issue ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors