Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Online refresh fails after adding Table.Buffer,, Desktop refresh work properly

Hi

I had performance issue on my model, I'm connected to sharepoint online list with 15+ folders, 15+ files in each of them and some ~30 additional flat files. My whole model is about 700mb on Desktop. I started to have performance issues (online scheduled refresh on services was taking 4-5 hours). I found proposed solution somewhere to create one query referencing sharepoint list, and then switch source on all other queries to this single query, adding table.buffer ( Source = Table.Buffer(SourceQuery)).

On Desktop everything is working properly, I noticed significant performance improvement, being able to refresh data within 1h.

On services though, refresh is not working, returning error:

Data source error:We cannot convert the value "[Binary]" to type Binary.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

I'm sitting on Premium workspace with Pro license, as it's connected only to sharepoint, gateway is not being setup.

Any idea what issue can be?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check whether the data type in Power Query is binary. And make sure that the privacy level for both data sources is compatible (Public/Public or Organizational/Organizational).

Best Regards,

Xue

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check whether the data type in Power Query is binary. And make sure that the privacy level for both data sources is compatible (Public/Public or Organizational/Organizational).

Best Regards,

Xue

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Privacy level was an answer, thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors