Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Online Published Report is Not Refreshing on load.

Good Morning all, 

I have an issue with a published App, when the end users open the app each morning, they are having to manually press the refresh button at the top of the page, whereas when I open the report directly in the app work space the visuals contain the updated data. 

the power bi report links directly to SSAS and the data is refreshed every night, it seems a little counter intuitive to advise all users that they have to press refresh before reviewing the report pages. 

is this right? I don't recall having this problem with content packs. 

thanks 

Dog! 

6 REPLIES 6
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Dog,

The published app works like any other shared content. When you schedule the original to be updated, then the shared components (in whatever form) are updated. You don't need to re-publish all the time. You only need to re-publish when you make physical alterations to the reports/dashboards themselves.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

that's exactly what I thought but it doesn't seem to be doing that, the app space report seems to be correct when I look at it each day but the published app doesn't. I'm having no choice currently but to republish the app to save the end users from having to click the "refresh" button manually each time they load the app. 

I've gone through all settings I can think of but there are none, I'm totally confused! 

Dog

Hi @Dog,

I personally suggest you create a support ticket on the right bottom of page for better assistanceSmiley Happy. They have power to check your data background and find the reason.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @v-huizhn-msft

I've gone through Microsoft Support and they have suggested that what I am experiencing is by design. 

Surely this cannot be correct!!

They have advised me that I will need to republish the app every day to reflect the data change. 

am I going mad or does this seem insane 😞

Dog! 

Hi @Dog,

Got it. Please mark your reply as answer, so more people will find workaround easily. 

Thanks,
Angelia

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi All, 

we are continuing with Microsoft at the moment as we are getting differ answers from different support teams. 

I'll post back here once I get a proper answer. 

the steps we are having to do to get this working at the moment are as follows. 

after the AS database has been refreshed with new data 

going into settings for the workspace dataset 

performing a manual refresh (can take a short while to go through) 

check "report" and "app" to ensure the dataset has been refreshed. 

it would seem the app refresh was a slight red herring, the main report in the work space was not updating either. 

it's almost like it's not detecting that the model has refreshed so continues to use whatever it has in cache. 

Dog..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors