Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Johannes
Regular Visitor

Online Data Refresh with Parameter in OData-Feed

Hello Community,
I have set a parameter of a Project Server PWA URL in Power BI Desktop. I implemented the Parameter Name (“DataSource”) as part of an OData-Feed in each table-building query (i.e. Source= OData.Feed(DataSource &"/_api/ProjectData/Projects?$select=ProjectId, Program, ProjectName,..."). The related data refresh is successful in Power BI Desktop, but unfortunately not in Power BI Online. If I want to refresh the data in Power BI Online the following error message occurred.

Although Power BI Desktop can successfully recognize Parameters as part of the source URL, Power BI Online see this structure as an unsupported Data Source. If this is generally impossible, it is a feature Microsoft should implement, because it improves adjusting of data sources with the similar structure. Can anyone tell me if there exist a workaround for my case or how I implement it correctly? Otherwise does anyone know if this feature is already planned?

Best Regards

Johannes

3 REPLIES 3

@Tishchenko  Hello, I believe that article only works with data sources connected to Web.Contents() because it needs to leverage the 
"Relative Path" and "Query" option which Odata.Feed() does not have. Unless I am missing something else here? Also I am having similar issues with the OP. 

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

@Johannes

It is not possible to do it currently. Please vote this idea.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors