Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

meiko0713
Frequent Visitor

OneDrive refresh disabled

Hi,

I'm using Sharepoint as pbix data resources.

Also, I'm expecting that we may see auto-updates in PowerBI website as I re-upload the file in Sharepoint.

As I finished re-uploading the pbix file to Sharepoint to renew the pbix file, I'm expecting that the new version can be shown in PowerBI website UI; while I received refresh rejection message afterwards.

Activity Id:                 dd050b5c-847c-4d7b-b02e-51be2d673a08

Request Id:                342e6d23-6fac-41ed-a856-30277a714717

Cluster Name:           WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Refresh Start Time:    September 13, 2018 7:58 UTC

Refresh End Time:     September 13, 2018 7:58 UTC

No matter how many times I refreshed my web page, the PowerBI website UI still leads me to the pbix file in old version.

I'd like to know if auto-updates wouldn't happen in this way we use it.

Please help suggest. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @meiko0713,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best Reagrds,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @meiko0713,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best Reagrds,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @meiko0713,

What kind of the data source for your pbix file? 

By my test, if you data source is online or the enter data, you don't need gateway and could refresh successfully.

If your data source of your pbix file is local, you should configure a gateway and set schedule refresh so that it will refresh successfully.

Have you installed the data gateway and configured the schedule refresh for the dataset?

In addition, if you still need help, please share the details error message for the refresh so that we could know the cause and get the solution, you could find the error message in refresh history.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding is - you have already added sharepoint as a data source in the gateway for scheduled refresh, such that after the source file updates, the scheduled refresh picks up the latest data from the sharepoint. Please confirm.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors