Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

suebayes
Resolver I
Resolver I

OneDrive Refresh in Power BI Service from data stored in OneDrive

I have created a report which extracts the data from a OneDrive for Business folder which I access through Sharepoint.Files in Power Query.  This all works great.  I have saved the .pbix file into OneDrive for Business and have published it to the Power BI service using Get Data from Onedrive and the Onedrive refresh is on and set to refresh hourly.

I have a csv file sent to a folder in the Onedrive for Business using Flow with the aim that this is added to my datamodel using an automatic refresh.  It's not happening and I don't know why. 

I already have a gateway enabled on this machine for another domain and I think I can only have one per machine so the onedrive refresh is perfect.  Any suggestions please.

8 REPLIES 8
bdunzweiler
Helper I
Helper I

@suebayes  Does the portal show any errors or messages for the scheduled refresh?  Also, could you include the query used to extract data from files?  It might help with troubleshooting.

Capture.PNG

@bdunzweiler  here's the error message.  The query works well in the desktop and refreshes no problem.  I think it must be something to do with staying in signed in with the Microsoft account which would explain why there is a problem with authentication.

@suebayes Is anything enabled in the Gateway Connection section?

No because I don't want to use a gateway.  I can only have one gateway per domain on a machine as far as I can tell and I already have one set up with my personal bi pro licence, but this report is for another domain that I have another BI licence for.  

@suebayes yeah, I'm wondering if credentials are getting crossed.  I re-created your scenario and the dataset immediately failed for refresh with the same error.  However, my credentials section is enabled and I'm able to update it.  See below.  You might want to try opening it up in a different browser or use incognito/private browsing to make sure you using the correct set of credentials.

onedrive-credentials.png

It's still not showing the data source credentials even in incognito browser.  I wonder if you have to have a gateway connection.  do you have one gateway connection?  I have a call booked with a microsoft engineer tomorrow am so hopefully that might help ... Very frustrating though @bdunzweiler 

@suebayes  Correct, I only have one gateway available, which is the Enterprise version, not Personal.  It's on a separate VM.

Thank you will try it now @bdunzweiler 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors