cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dimasikmipt New Member

One report to some workspace

Hello everyone!

I want to use one report in different workspace. I want to refresh dataset only ONCE and then use it.

What i have to do? Because right now i found only the one way: publish this report in every workspace.

But this means, that every workspace has it own dataset of this report and i should refresh data many times inspite of one.

Thank you for your comment!

4 REPLIES 4
djnww Established Member
Established Member

Re: One report to some workspace

Hi. You are correct. You will have to publish to each workspace separately. I read that we will soon have the capability to pin a dashboard across multiple workspaces. This will solve ypur problem.
Super User
Super User

The only workaround I can think of is to publish up a dataset into the Power BI Service.

Then configure this dataset with the refresh frequency that you require.

Then start up a new Power BI Desktop and connect to the Dataset in the Power BI Service. 

Then create your report, and then publish it multiple times to each workspace (I know a bit of a pain)

This will mean that all the underlying reports in each workspace will be updated by the one dataset.

A question that I have is why are you publishing the same report to multiple workspaces? Just interested to understand how that works.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

"Proud to be a Datanaut!"

Power BI Blog
norahfox Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I really hope they make this easier in the future. I've been avoiding creating apps until I can figure out a less labor-intensive way to do this than what @GilbertQ suggested.

As for @GilbertQ's question of why someone would want to do this, I can't speak for @dimasikmipt, but I thought it would be nice to create separate apps for the sales teams for each of our business units - that way they could each see our company-wide sales analysis (which would be the report that goes to a bunch of different apps) bundled with their business-specific sales reports.

Alexander24 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

How did you manage to publish the service report into multiple workspaces? Everytime I try it just publishes it to the Workspace where the dataset originated from

Thanks

Alexander