Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Thomas_MedOne
Helper II
Helper II

One out of many cannot get to external reports.

We work with an organization that provides Power BI reports to thousands of other individuals at hundreds of other companies. At our organization at least 20 people have access to their reports. 

However, just ONE person at our organization cannot access the reports. we cannot seem to figure it out. In our organization, some people have Power BI Free Licenses, some with Power BI Pro. And all of them can see the reports by this organization.

They insist that everyone on their end is setup exactly the same and given rights extactly the same. 

The person I'm trying to get to work I have tried with a Power BI Pro license and a free one and even without one. When she is without, we get an error "not licensed" in the URL string. (blank screen when viewing the report). But if she has a free or a pro license, she gets the error message below: (Sorry, you don't have access to that group)

Thomas_MedOne_0-1670970016024.png

I don't know what else to do with her. Nothing is working.  We tried setting the options and waiting 24-hours and it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Thomas_MedOne
Helper II
Helper II

Well, turns out. I logged her out and cleared all her cookies and had her log back in and now she has access. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Thomas_MedOne
Helper II
Helper II

Well, turns out. I logged her out and cleared all her cookies and had her log back in and now she has access. 

lolz.. happens sometimes! glad you figured it out.

Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The notification "Sorry, you dont have access to that group" could mean 2 things:

1. The person (lets call this person Lucy) doesnt have access to the workspace. Adding Lucy to the workspace may help.
2. The link shared to Lucy has limited access i.e see the following snapshot. Lucy may not fall into any of these categories. Lucy may needed to be added in the third option "Specific People"

Tutu_in_YYC_0-1670975061869.png
What ever it is, she will need a license, Free or Pro (depends on how the report provider set up the workspace)

The company says they provide the license. (it is an external company that is giving the rights). they have a screenshot showing the license applied to her external guest account. They also gave screenshots of all the rights to the workspace showing she has been given rights along with others in our company who can access without a problem.

Sounds like all the right permissions have been given. This is definitely a doozy. I'd submit a ticket to Microsoft Support for further detailed investigation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors