Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ld17
Helper II
Helper II

One element of my data not refreshing

I have a dataset that is scheduled for automatic refresh in the web version of Power Bi. I edited one of my charts in Power Bi desktop and was hoping it would update without me having to republish the entire report. However, the web version will not reflect the change. Everything else is updating except this one chart. I have hourly refreshes scheduled, and my credentials are entered correctly. I have cleared my cache and reauthenticated my credentials as well as deleted the chart and readded it. Is there anything else that can be done, other than republish the report?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

You need to republish the report from Power BI Desktop to the service. Your scheduled refresh is for data only, it has nothing to do with the visuals in your report.

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

You need to republish the report from Power BI Desktop to the service. Your scheduled refresh is for data only, it has nothing to do with the visuals in your report.

1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors