Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bystarlight
Regular Visitor

One Report, Multiple Workspaces

Hi,

I'm currently building report a report which will be needed on 4 workspaces. I'll also be setting up a refresh schedule for the report.

In the past, I've built the report in Power BI and published to one workspace. Then set up the refresh schedule. Then I'd publish the report to a second workspace and set up the same refresh schedule for the same dataset.

Is there any way of duplicating the report, along with it's refresh schedule, to another workspace; rather than setting up the same refresh schedule for every different workspace. It's the same dataset behind each report, with the same refresh schedule.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @bystarlight

Currently you would have to do the same steps in each App Workspace.

But there is a change coming in the near future where you can use a single dataset across App Workspaces.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Does this upcoming feature also address the desire to have a (big) report that can access a dataset that is in another workspace?  I have this problem today, where things I really need access to reside in another departments work space.  I realize this is not the exact same issue, but thinking this may be related.  Do you know?

Hi there,

It should be able to do that in the near future yes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQThanks for your reply!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors