Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OnPrem Gateway issue

I have the On Prem data gateway set up. 

I have 2 Analysis services Cubes on prem that I want powerBI reports to use.

Both Cubes are on the same SSAS server. 

I have 2 data sources connections on the Gateway.

One data source works and we can "Get Data" and create the reports.

The other data source 

when I try to "Get Data"

Get Data->Databases->Get->Sql Server Analysis Services->Connect->

I can see all the Data Source Names but once I click on the new one I get .....

Error text: A property in the XML for Analysis Services query is not valid. Substituted: AdomdDataAccessErrorResponseException:<pi>[0]Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.AdomdDataAccessErrorResponseException: AdomdException encountered while accessing the target data source. GatewayPipelineErrorCode=DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_DataSourceAccessError GatewayVersion= ErrorCode=-1056178141 ---> [1]Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.GatewayPipelineWrapperException: Substituted: AdomdErrorResponseException:<pi>Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdErrorResponseException: XML for Analysis parser: The 'abc@xyz.com' value of the 'EffectiveUserName' XML for Analysis property is not valid

The same user can connect to both Cubes using Excel Pivot, SSMS, PowerBI Desktop, etc. So they have access to the Cubes and can browse them under SSMS.

What can be wrong and not setup?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

It would appear that the user is not part of the Admin role on the second SSAS Server.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

It would appear that the user is not part of the Admin role on the second SSAS Server.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have on Server but two cubes on it. Is it possible I'm missing a setting on the one cube somewhere? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok I got to work...

Since I have 2 ssas db's (2 cubes)

and Have 2 data sources (one working and the other not working) 

I thougth I was using the same user on both data sources but apparently I wasn't. 

I could not determine what user name it was on the one that was working. But I changed it with the user and pwd from the one it wasn't working and that one started not to work so at the point I knew I had 2 different users for the data sources. So I added the one user to the Admin group of the server and it worked. 

thanks

Awesome, glad you got it working!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors