Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

On what depends the Power BI web service perfomance

Hello,

I find reports in Power BI web service to have different perfomance at different moments of time, on similar PCs and same web browser.

So I'd like to know if the performance relies solely on the PBI web service or also in the user's computer. I understand it should be related to the internet connection, as it is purely web (both datasets and reports), so the faster the better, but I suspect it is not just that.

Regards,

Antonio

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

There could be many aspects.

1. The configuration of the computer (front-end). Some calculation will be processing in the local computer.

2. The browser. Though IE is still in the support list. I would suggest using a modern browser instead. Like Edge, Chrome, Firefox.

3. The network quality.

4. The complexity of the data model. If the data model is simple and small, it will be fast to show up the result. If the dataset is big or the model is complex, it will cost some time to work out the result. 

5. The connection type. The Import mode brings data to the Power BI Service side. So the performance could be great. The Direct query and live mode will apply much calculation in the on-premises side. The on-premises server and the network will play a critical role. 

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Any updates on this? Specifically, the first point you mention, about the computer configuration. Which kinf of calculations would be done on the user's machine? Is there any list of minimal requirements por Power BI Web Service?

Regards,

Antonio

Hi @Anonymous,

Please take this minimum requirement of Desktop as a reference. I think a good computer could help. But it won't be a problem to the computers nowadays. 

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I had already reviewed those requirements, I also thought they would be an accurate indicative, although it does not really suffices me.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response!

So, what would be the, let's say, minimal hardware requirements in order to visualice a 'standard' PBI report (4 pages, 5 filters each, a dataset of 200MB containing 25 tables)? If this calculation is doable, of course.

Is there any benchmarking table for this issue?

Regards,

Antonio

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors