Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

davidrothwell

On-premises data gateway update results in "The gateway is either offline or could not be reached"

I just upgraded my on-premises data gateway to v14.16.6524.1 and it is now unreachable. It was functioning without issue before the upgrade.

The gateway is either offline or could not be reached.

Activity ID:0f2788a1-08ed-4215-9f15-983ef90f550c
Request ID:6ed5cfc8-4304-a531-9821-a953964fd4ec
Cluster URI:https://wabi-west-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Status code:400
Error Code:DM_GWPipeline_Client_GatewayUnreachable
Time:Wed Dec 13 2017 11:44:41 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
Version:13.0.3419.168

On the gateway itself, if gives a message that it is configured correctly but is unreachable due to local network connectivity problems. The Network status says connected ("check to see if your gateway can reach outside your network).

I can't imagine it is firewall or proxy issues as it was working fine before updating.

Has anyone else experienced this with the gateway update? Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Yuliana,

I didn't get a screenshot, but where yours says "The gateway is online and ready to be used" mine said "The gateway is configured correctly but is unreachable due to local network connectivity problems."

I ended up cleaning it out and rebuilding it from scratch and it was working fine, so no further investigation is necessary for now. A colleague of mine originally set up the gateway so I wonder if there was some clash with user accounts.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @davidrothwell,

What is the status of gateway?

1.PNG

Have you tried to restart your gateway for a test?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana,

I didn't get a screenshot, but where yours says "The gateway is online and ready to be used" mine said "The gateway is configured correctly but is unreachable due to local network connectivity problems."

I ended up cleaning it out and rebuilding it from scratch and it was working fine, so no further investigation is necessary for now. A colleague of mine originally set up the gateway so I wonder if there was some clash with user accounts.

Thanks

Hi @davidrothwell,

Glad to hear that you have resolved problem by yourself. Would you please kindly mark your sharing solution as an answer so that it can help others having similar concern check the problem?

Thanks,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors