Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chacos
Helper I
Helper I

On-premises data gateway (standard mode) Question

So here are some facts:

1) my organization has few hundred PBI Pro licences,

2) probably few dozen users (light to moderate usage)

3) we have PBI data Gateway setup on the server

Questions:

1) What is the max number of data sources that we can have on one Gateway?

2) Also, we hae 2 admins (myself and another guy). How can the users add data sources by themselves? Or the only option is for Admins to add them?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User II
Super User II

HI @Chacos ,

To my knowledge, there is not an official number of data sources on a gateway.  There might be one but I can't find documentation for it and i know that we have used about 25 data sources on one gateway for us.

You can make a user an admin FOR THE GATEWAY.  I do NOT recommend that as that means they can delete the gateway or make other mistakes.  Now, if you mean, can they use non-gateway data sources, then the answer is that they can if they have the appropriate permissions.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Chacos ,

As far as I know there's no such limitation. And yes, only gateway admin can add datasource.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
collinq
Super User II
Super User II

HI @Chacos ,

To my knowledge, there is not an official number of data sources on a gateway.  There might be one but I can't find documentation for it and i know that we have used about 25 data sources on one gateway for us.

You can make a user an admin FOR THE GATEWAY.  I do NOT recommend that as that means they can delete the gateway or make other mistakes.  Now, if you mean, can they use non-gateway data sources, then the answer is that they can if they have the appropriate permissions.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are You Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors